The Bible mentions many things for which to pray. Our desire should be to learn to pray more effectively and biblically.
To help you in your daily prayer life, scriptural prayer requests are given for each day of the month. Do not let these intimate you. Study these requests and look up the references, then apply them as you pray.
Other help may be found in studying the Psalms and the prayers of Old Testament saints. Make prayer as much a part of you and your daily life, as you work or play.
:”Ye also helping together by prayer for us.” 2 Cor 1:11)
1. Thank the Lord for all missionaries and specific missionaries of your acquaintance (Eph 1:16). Pray for their spiritual maturity (2 Cor 13:9).
2. Pray that the GOd of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give them the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that they might know Him better (Eph 1:17). Pray that the eyes of their hearts may be enlightened in order that they may know the hope to which He has called them (Eph. 1:18)
3. Pray that they will knwo the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints – the magnitude of His blessings to us, who He posssesses (Eph 1:18).
4. Pray that they will know His incomparably great power for us who believe (Eph 1:19). Pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen them with power through HIs Spirit in their inner being, so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith (Eph 3:16-17).
5. Pray that they will be rooted and established in love, and may have power together with all saints, to grasp how deep adn wide is the love of Chrsit, and to know this love which passes knowledge, that they may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Eph 3:17-19).
6. Pray that their love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that they may be able to discern what is best, and may be pure and blameless until the day of CHrist (Phil 1:9-10). Pray that they may be filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ – to the glory and praise of God (Phil. 1:11).
7. Pray that God will fill them with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding so that they may live lives worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that they may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thansk to the Father, who has qualified them to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light (Col 1:9-12).
8.Pray that they will have clear consciences and live honorably in every way, not do anything wrong, nor use the thngs of the Lord for personal profit (Heb 13:18, 2 Cor 13:7, Mat 21:13).
9. Pray that they will not fall into temptation. (Matt 26:41) but that when they are tempted, they will seek and take the way of escape (1 Cor 10:13).
10.Pray that they will stand firm in the will of God, mature and fully assured (Col. 4:12), and pray that the Lord will send believers to supply what might be lacking in their faith (1 Thes 3:10).
11. Pray that the Lord will count them worthyh of their calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of theirs and every act prompted by their faith, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in them and they in Him (2 Thes 1:11)
MINISTRY & RELATIONSHIP
12. Pray that they will be in oneness with other missionaries and with the believers in the country where they are living (John 17:20-21) Pray that they will not have prejudices (Acts 10:9-15; 34-35).
13. Pray that they will pray in the Spirit (Jude 20) and will find time to give their attention to prayer and the ministry of the Word (Acts 6:4).
14. Pray that whenever they witness, words may be given them so they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph 6:19-20). Pray that they may be active in sharing their faith (Philemon 6).
15. Pray that the Lord will open doors for their message, so that they may proclaim the mystery of CHrist clearly (Col 4:3-4). Pray that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored through them (2 Thes 3:1), and that the salvation of souls would be the result of their ministry (Rom 10:1). Pray that they will be efffective in prayer against Satan and his demons (mark 9:29).
16. Pray for true oneness and unity of the people who accept the Lord through their labors (john 17:20-21), and that their service would be acceptable to believers, wherever they minister, at home and on the mission field (rom 15:31).
17. Pray that they will have wisdom in choosing leaders both in their mission organization and in the churches (Acts 1:24).
SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL PROTECTION
18. Pray that they will be protected from Satan (John 17:15) , and from wicked and evil men who would harm them (Rom 15:31; 2 Thes 3:2).
19. Pray that they may enjoy good health and that all may go well for them (3 John 2). Pray for the food they eat (1 TIm 4:5), and their healing when they are sick (james 5:14-16).
20. Pray that they will have good family relationships: submissive wife and loving husband (eph 5:22-6:4), and that the husband will live with his wife in such a way that his prayers will not be hindered (1 Pet 3:7).
21. Pray that they will have wisdom in raising obedient children and being a good example to them (Eph 6:1-4).
22. Pray that they as families will be consistent in havin gspiritual time and studying the Bible together (Deut 4:6-9).PRAYER LIFE
23. Pray that th eLord will teach tem to pray. (Mat 6:13) and that they will continue earnestly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving (Col 4:2 and 1 Thes 5:17), that they may have faith so that their prayers may be answered (Mat 21:22, Mark 11:24).
24. Pray that they will have a quiet place to pray (Mat 6:5-6) that they will not fall into the trap of vain repetitons in prayer (Mat 6:7), nor give in to the flesh when praying (Mark 14:38).
25. Pray that they will pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests, being alert and always praying for all the saints (Eph 6:18). Pray that they will pray for their enemies and those who mistreat them (Mat 5:44), and forgive them (Mark 11:25).
26. Pray that they will have wisdom in dealing with the sick and praying for them (James 5:14-16). Pray that they will not be anxious about anything; but in everything, with thanksgiving they will present their requests to God (Phil 4:6).
27. Pray that they will always pray, with all faithfulness (rom 12:12), and not give up (Luk 18:1). Pray that they will be faithful in watching against sin, cares of this world, and all that would draw their affections from God, so they may give themselves to prayer (Luk 21:36).
28. Pray that they will have regular times of prayer with others (Acts 3:1) and that they will pray in adversity and lonliness (Acts 16:25), and without hypocracy (Luke 18:10-14).
29. Pray that they will remember to pray for those who support them in prayer and financially (1 Thes 5:25).
PRAYER & FINANCIAL SUPPORTERS
30. Pray that churches and individuals will pray for them (2 Cor 1:11; 9:14). Pray that their financial needs may be met (Phil 4:19).
31. Pray for fluency in language and culture study, balance between family and ministry, and a clear focus on the work the Lord has given them.
239 West Street
Sebastopol, CA 95472